These delicious savory muffins are packed with protein and feature bacon, cheese, and jalapeños together with our 100% Cricket Protein Powder. Great served with chili, together with a salad, along with eggs, or as an on-the-go snack.
Total Protein per batch= 158g
Protein in one muffin (assuming 12 per batch) = 13g
|1 1/2 cups flour||1 egg, beaten|
1/2 cup 100% Cricket Protein Powder
|3/4 cup milk|
|2 tablespoons sugar||1/3 cup oil (bacon drippings work best)|
|1 tablespoon salt||1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese|
|1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder||2 chopped jalapeños|
|6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and sliced (oil retained as above)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Grease muffins tin lined with paper muffin cups.
3.In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, 100% Cricket Protein Powder, sugar, and baking powder.
4. In a separate bowl combine egg, milk, and oil.
5. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing only until just incorporated.
6. Add cheese, jalapeños, and bacon into the muffin batter.
7. Spoon out the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 17-19 minutes. A toothpick or fork should come out clean when inserted into a muffin.
8. One minute before removing from the oven, add a few small pieces of bacon and cheese for a flavorful topping.